After completing my initial BSc in Criminology and Social Policy at Loughborough University and my Graduate Diploma in Law thereafter, I joined the Employment Team at Redkite at the end of 2015 as a Legal Advisor.
I gained experience working with a team of expert mentors, building up a wealth of professional experience in the HR and Employment Law field and am currently undertaking the Legal Practice Course at the University of West of England, Bristol, with a view to qualifying as a solicitor in future years.
My experience and academic grounding enable me to advise clients on a whole range of both contentious and non-contentious employment issues including but not limited to:
- Disciplinary and grievance proceedings;
- Unfair dismissal claims including discrimination;
- Employment Tribunal proceedings;
- Drafting of workplace policies and procedures;
- Reviewing policies and procedures ensuring they are up to date with legal developments; and
- supporting our expert solicitors on settlement agreements; TUPE; and redundancies
In addition to this I assist in delivering training to our clients through workshops and specialist employment seminars in areas such as:
- Dealing with long term sickness absence;
- Managing cancer in the workplace;
- Equality and Diversity;
- Changing contractual terms
- Managing poor performance.
I always apply a common sense approach to unwinding potential employment headaches, translating often complex advice in to simple and relatable information. I am often praised for being very approachable and practical in my response and through this I have developed long lasting working relationships with our clients.
In my spare time I enjoy keeping fit which has involved my partaking in the Cardiff half marathon and I am due to undertake the London Landmarks half marathon on March 2019 in aid of Breast Cancer Now. In addition to this I play hockey competitively and have recently started squash lessons. At the weekend I love walking the coastal path with my golden retriever, Maggie and spending time with my family and friends.
We have been dealing with Natasha Lawrence throughout our claim, which in itself has been distressing due to the factors, but Natasha and her team have been excellent.