I joined Redkite Solicitors in November 2020 having relocated to Ceredigion.
Living on a small working farm and equestrian yard I am well versed in the needs of farmers and equestrian owners and dealing with family run rural businesses.
I trained at a UK top 60 firm and qualified as a Solicitor in April 2018 specialising in Agricultural and Equestrian property matters. Since qualifying, I have acted for large Estate Owners, Farmers and private individuals advising them on a wide range of matters such as:
- The sale and purchase of farms and other agricultural land, equestrian properties and residential country properties;
- Farm Business Tenancies and Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancies;
- Financing Agricultural land;
- Contract Farming Agreements;
- Grazing and Cropping Licences;
- Sporting Rights and Riparian Rights;
- Equestrian Yard Leases and Livery Yard Agreements;
- Restrictive Covenants and the granting and leasing of Easements; and
- Purchase, Sale, and Loaning of competition and race horses.
High Profile Matters
- Sale of a 220 acre arable farm in Shropshire for £5.5M. The farm was comprised of commercial units, the surrender of two farm business tenancies and the surrender of various licence arrangements.
- Purchase of a 950 acre mixed arable and livestock farm in Northamptonshire for £9M. The purchase was undertaken within 3 weeks to meet the client’s Capital Gains Tax holdover liability deadline.
- Sale of a 700 acre mixed poultry and arable farm in Oxfordshire for £8M. The farm was transferred as a going concern and comprised residential units and concerned the transfer of employees to the purchaser.
- Property restructuring and First Registration of a £10M, 700 acre arable farm in Shropshire due to corporate partners retiring from the farming partnership business.
- Re-mortgage of a well-known-racing yard’s £1M jockey accommodation in Warwickshire.
In my spare time I enjoy cricket, shooting and spending time with our horses.
What our clients say
I was very pleased with the courtesy of the ladies who attended to my requests and particularly so at the time when I had my accident – they were extremely helpful.
Paul James' support has been invaluable in effectively progressing key contractual requirements. His knowledge and expertise in contract and procurement matters is exceptional. Would not hesitate to engage Paul's services again in future should the requirement and opportunity arise.” (dated March 2017).
The reason I used Redkite is that most solicitors don’t have the area of expertise that I required.
Redkite have provided assistance through several particularly difficult issues. Their advice has been professional, thorough and specifically tailoured to the needs of our business. The staff are approachable, knowledgeable and realistic in the advice they provide.
Redkite were recommended to me and I would do the same, fantastic service.
I have to say that everyone I have come into contact with from the receptionists to the solicitors have always been excellent. The advice I have been given formally and informally has always been clear and concise which is always a weight off your mind when you are dealing with the affairs of your loved ones.