As a Wills and Probate specialist, my focus is on ensuring that clients are provided with the best expert advice and professional support during a difficult time.
I am a Welsh speaker and happy to converse with clients in Welsh.
I attained my Law Degree at the University of Surrey and my postgraduate diploma in Law from Cardiff University. I qualified as a Solicitor in 2009 and worked at another regional firm before joining Redkite Solicitors as a Partner in 2021.
As a Full Member (TEP) of the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), I have been recognised for my expertise and experience. I have dealt with a wide range of Probate work including the following:
- Where Inheritance Tax is due: this can be complicated and it’s always advisable to have assistance from a Solicitor.
- Charities as beneficiaries: The Charity Commission places strict rules upon charities for the information and details they need from Executors. I’m able to help Executors comply with these requests.
- Trusts: where a will creates a Trust it’s important that Executors implement the terms rigidly and I can assist in making sure that this happens.
- Business assets: there can be exemptions from tax where Business Property Relief can be claimed and I can assist Executors and Beneficiaries in claiming this relief.
- Where a Deed of Variation is required: such a Deed can reduce the tax burden on the estate, or for beneficiaries, and this can be a useful tool to avoid unnecessary taxation.
I have also developed a wealth of experience in Family Law and have been granted Higher Rights of Audience meaning I am entitled to represent clients in any Court up to and including the Supreme Court.
In my spare time I’m the Secretary of my local Allotment Association and I enjoy hiking, reading and travel.