As a Wills and Probate specialist, my focus is on ensuring that clients are provided with the best expert advice and professional support during a difficult time.
I am a Welsh speaker and happy to converse with clients in Welsh.
I attained my Law Degree at the University of Surrey and my postgraduate diploma in Law from Cardiff University. I qualified as a Solicitor in 2009 and worked at another regional firm before joining Redkite Solicitors as a Partner in 2021.
As a Full Member (TEP) of the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), I have been recognised for my expertise and experience. I have dealt with a wide range of Probate work including the following:
- Where Inheritance Tax is due: this can be complicated and it’s always advisable to have assistance from a Solicitor.
- Charities as beneficiaries: The Charity Commission places strict rules upon charities for the information and details they need from Executors. I’m able to help Executors comply with these requests.
- Trusts: where a will creates a Trust it’s important that Executors implement the terms rigidly and I can assist in making sure that this happens.
- Business assets: there can be exemptions from tax where Business Property Relief can be claimed and I can assist Executors and Beneficiaries in claiming this relief.
- Where a Deed of Variation is required: such a Deed can reduce the tax burden on the estate, or for beneficiaries, and this can be a useful tool to avoid unnecessary taxation.
I have also developed a wealth of experience in Family Law and have been granted Higher Rights of Audience meaning I am entitled to represent clients in any Court up to and including the Supreme Court.
In my spare time I’m the Secretary of my local Allotment Association and I enjoy hiking, reading and travel.
What our clients say
I was very pleased with the courtesy of the ladies who attended to my requests and particularly so at the time when I had my accident – they were extremely helpful.
Paul James' support has been invaluable in effectively progressing key contractual requirements. His knowledge and expertise in contract and procurement matters is exceptional. Would not hesitate to engage Paul's services again in future should the requirement and opportunity arise.” (dated March 2017).
The reason I used Redkite is that most solicitors don’t have the area of expertise that I required.
Redkite have provided assistance through several particularly difficult issues. Their advice has been professional, thorough and specifically tailoured to the needs of our business. The staff are approachable, knowledgeable and realistic in the advice they provide.
Redkite were recommended to me and I would do the same, fantastic service.
I have to say that everyone I have come into contact with from the receptionists to the solicitors have always been excellent. The advice I have been given formally and informally has always been clear and concise which is always a weight off your mind when you are dealing with the affairs of your loved ones.