Solicitor/Associate – General DR / Property Litigation
Location: Cardiff Office
Redkite Solicitors prides itself on being able to offer a broad range of legal services that are able to meet the diverse needs of its clients. Our firm has been providing legal advice to individuals, families and businesses in our communities since 1898 and we are here for our clients every step of the way. We are a forward-looking, ever-expanding firm and are proud to be an employer of choice for our staff members.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Redkite for an enthusiastic and ambitious Solicitor to join our ever-expanding Dispute Resolution (DR) team. The role will support the overall running of the department in providing an excellent client service to our already well-established General DR & Property Litigation client base. On this basis, the successful candidate will have exposure to a breadth of good-quality, interesting work that feeds through the firm’s 16 offices.
- Produces high-quality work for the General DR & Property Litigation department, delivering on individual as well as team targets and KPIs.
- Creates relatively complex legal documents to a high standard and negotiates complex legal issues with minimal supervision, having experience in progressing own case load and providing advice to clients.
- Works with clients over multiple communication channels (such as email, telephone, Teams, face-to-face) and updates them on matters where required in a timely manner. The successful candidate is expected to have a high level of client contact and will be responsible for taking the lead on cases as the primary fee-earner.
- Builds client relationships and actively looks for business development opportunities by drafting articles, giving talks & presentations, visiting other offices & developing the department’s reputation internally & externally across the firm’s regions.
- Supervises assistant(s), where necessary.
- Is focussed on developing a career within the practice areas, with already established experience in either field.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Is confident with networking & seeking out business development opportunities.
- Shows excellent self-management skills, with the ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative.
- Is able to prioritise and work within deadlines within a fast-paced department & business.
- Is proficient with time recording & confident using case management systems and the full Microsoft Office suite.
- We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and who is reliable, driven and ambitious to succeed.