Solicitor/Associate/Partner – Contentious Probate
Location: Any of our offices with remote working Office Start Date: ASAP
Redkite Solicitors prides itself on being able to offer a broad range of legal services that are able to meet the diverse needs of its clients. Our firm has been providing legal advice to individuals, families and businesses in our communities since 1898 and we are here for our clients every step of the way. We are a forward-looking, ever-expanding firm and are proud to be an employer of choice for around 180 staff members.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Redkite for an enthusiastic and ambitious Solicitor to join our ever-expanding Dispute Resolution team. The role will support our Head of Contentious Probate in providing an excellent client service to our already well-established client base, whilst also looking to help develop and grow the department’s reach within the East region (Cardiff, Gloucestershire & Ledbury).
The successful candidate will have exposure to a breadth of good-quality, interesting work that feeds through the firm’s 14 offices. If you have a genuine passion for Contentious Probate & wish to develop within a growing and progressive firm, we encourage you to apply.
- Produces high-quality work for the Contentious Probate department, delivering on individual as well as team targets and KPIs.
- Works with clients over multiple communication channels (such as email, telephone, Teams, face-to-face) and updates them on matters where required in a timely manner. The successful candidate is expected to have a high level of client contact and will be responsible for taking the lead on cases as the primary fee earner.
- Builds client relationships and actively looks for business development opportunities by drafting articles, giving talks & presentations, visiting other offices & developing the department’s reputation internally & externally across the firm’s regions.
- Supervises assistant(s), where necessary.
- Is focussed on developing a career within the Contentious Probate practice area, with already established experience in this field and/or Court of Protection work.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Is confident with networking & seeking out business development opportunities.
- Shows excellent self-management skills, with the ability to problem solve and demonstrate initiative.
- Is able to prioritise and work within deadlines within a fast-paced department & business.
- Is proficient with time recording & confident using case management systems and the full Microsoft Office suite.
- We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and who is reliable, driven and ambitious to succeed.
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to