Having previously worked in a large, well known, disputes team in Swansea I joined Redkite in 2020.
I am an experienced litigator. I have particular experience in both commercial and construction litigation after working within the construction industry for eight years. I have ten years’ experience in dealing with a wide variety of litigation disputes. Along with high value commercial and construction disputes, I also have experience in general litigation including contractual disputes and matters concerning insolvency.
I have a strong track record in advising in a wide variety of business disputes, insolvency disputes, adjudications, arbitrations and proceedings within the Technology and Construction Court.
Along with my experience on contentious matters, I also have considerable experience in dealing with non-contentious corporate and contractual matters.
I have acted for clients locally as well as internationally. I have dealt with a wide variety of disputes during my career but more recently I have dealt with the following:
- Successfully obtained summary judgment against a public body concerning a property dispute. The key matter in dispute concerned access rights and service charge payments;
- Acting successfully on a dispute against NHBC resulting in a six figure settlement award for a client;
- Obtaining and successfully resisting short notice injunction applications relating to company funds in a s994 dispute involving 13 different parties;
- Obtaining an Adjudicator’s award exceeding £700,000.00 against a national house builder. The Adjudicator’s award was made to the client despite attempts to resist enforcement;
- Assisting in a successful mediation settlement relating to a contractual dispute where the damages being claimed were in excess of £10 million;
- Obtaining an injunction within 24 hours to resist a winding up petition from HM Revenue and Customs;
- Resisting attempts pursued by HM Revenue and Customs to issue a bankruptcy petition against an individual who had previously been a party to a partnership;
- Defeating an application for summary judgment in a dispute that surrounded the interpretation of the construction legislation and contractual arrangements relating to payment terms;
- Receiving a favorable settlement agreement for a consultant against a London toy company;
- Dealing with a complex fraud and conspiracy claim on behalf of an employer. The matter involved a number of different parties and it had been alleged that ex-employees had misappropriated company funds and assets;
- Dealing with a number of disputes including property disputes.
The best part of my job is meeting clients and assisting them during what can be a worrying and difficult time.
In my spare time I enjoy reading, catching up on gymnastic events and spending time with my family.