Having previously worked in a large, well known, disputes team in Swansea I joined Redkite in 2020.
I am an experienced litigator. I have particular experience in both commercial and construction litigation after working within the construction industry for eight years. I have ten years’ experience in dealing with a wide variety of litigation disputes. Along with high value commercial and construction disputes, I also have experience in general litigation including contractual disputes and matters concerning insolvency.
I have a strong track record in advising in a wide variety of business disputes, insolvency disputes, adjudications, arbitrations and proceedings within the Technology and Construction Court.
Along with my experience on contentious matters, I also have considerable experience in dealing with non-contentious corporate and contractual matters.
I have acted for clients locally as well as internationally. I have dealt with a wide variety of disputes during my career but more recently I have dealt with the following:
- Successfully obtained summary judgment against a public body concerning a property dispute. The key matter in dispute concerned access rights and service charge payments;
- Acting successfully on a dispute against NHBC resulting in a six figure settlement award for a client;
- Obtaining and successfully resisting short notice injunction applications relating to company funds in a s994 dispute involving 13 different parties;
- Obtaining an Adjudicator’s award exceeding £700,000.00 against a national house builder. The Adjudicator’s award was made to the client despite attempts to resist enforcement;
- Assisting in a successful mediation settlement relating to a contractual dispute where the damages being claimed were in excess of £10 million;
- Obtaining an injunction within 24 hours to resist a winding up petition from HM Revenue and Customs;
- Resisting attempts pursued by HM Revenue and Customs to issue a bankruptcy petition against an individual who had previously been a party to a partnership;
- Defeating an application for summary judgment in a dispute that surrounded the interpretation of the construction legislation and contractual arrangements relating to payment terms;
- Receiving a favorable settlement agreement for a consultant against a London toy company;
- Dealing with a complex fraud and conspiracy claim on behalf of an employer. The matter involved a number of different parties and it had been alleged that ex-employees had misappropriated company funds and assets;
- Dealing with a number of disputes including property disputes.
The best part of my job is meeting clients and assisting them during what can be a worrying and difficult time.
In my spare time I enjoy reading, catching up on gymnastic events and spending time with my family.
What our clients say
I was very pleased with the courtesy of the ladies who attended to my requests and particularly so at the time when I had my accident – they were extremely helpful.
Paul James' support has been invaluable in effectively progressing key contractual requirements. His knowledge and expertise in contract and procurement matters is exceptional. Would not hesitate to engage Paul's services again in future should the requirement and opportunity arise.” (dated March 2017).
The reason I used Redkite is that most solicitors don’t have the area of expertise that I required.
Redkite have provided assistance through several particularly difficult issues. Their advice has been professional, thorough and specifically tailoured to the needs of our business. The staff are approachable, knowledgeable and realistic in the advice they provide.
Redkite were recommended to me and I would do the same, fantastic service.
I have to say that everyone I have come into contact with from the receptionists to the solicitors have always been excellent. The advice I have been given formally and informally has always been clear and concise which is always a weight off your mind when you are dealing with the affairs of your loved ones.