I specialise in estate and tax planning, wills, trusts and the administration of estates. Before joining Red Kite, I worked for several regional firms in the Cardiff area.
I appreciate that clients instructing a probate lawyer are often experiencing difficult personal circumstances, and seek to interact with clients in an understanding manner, helping to guide them through the estate administration process as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
When meeting with clients to review their personal affairs, I listen attentively to what they are seeking to achieve, and look to put into effect their wishes in the most tax efficient manner possible. When appropriate, I like to work collaboratively with a client’s other professional advisors, such as their accountants and financial advisors.
Some of the post-qualification experience I have acquired includes:
- Regularly acting for both professional and lay executors in the administration of estates;
- Administration of high value and complex estates, including estates with business and agricultural assets, and multi-jurisdictional estates;
- Settling assets on lifetime trust, and continuing thereafter to act as the professional advisor to trustees;
- Drafting of various types of wills, from simple wills, to more complex wills such as those containing fixed and variable interest trusts;
- Retrospectively altering the provisions of wills following the death of the testator;
- Various types of Court of Protection applications;
- Drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney for both personal and business assets, and for Health and Welfare;
- Preparation of Advance Decisions;
- Advising on the law relating to mental capacity; and
- Acting for both claimants and respondents in probate and trust disputes.
Outside of work, I enjoy exercising and hiking around different parts of Wales with my family.